Friday, April 13, 2012

I don't have time to eat healthy!






     "I dont have time to eat healthy".  That is something I hear more often than anything.  
More than, "I don't know how to eat healthy", 
More than, "It's too expensive", 
More than, "I want to eat food that tastes good". 
     
     Well, I say that's Bologna!  Pun.  I bet I can name off the top of my head ( I have about a minute to finish this and get off the bus) 15 healthy snacks that take no time and 5 healthy meals that take barely any time.

Here are 15 Snacks:

  1.  Trail mix (The M & M kind is best)
  2.  An Apple, or any hand held fruit.
  3.  Yogurt
  4.  String cheese
  5.  Triscuits
  6.  100 percent juice (just read you labels)
  7.  Peanut Butter Protein Bar
  8.  Turkey sandwich on wheat bread with Cheese, Lettuce and Tomato
  9.  Whole Wheat Pretzels
10.  Celery and Peanut Butter
11.  Green tea and a Cajun trail mix (yes, it's different)
12.  Chocolate Covered Fruit
13.  Any microwaveable from Morning Star
14.  CHEEZ-ITs
15.  Almonds, or Chocolate Covered Almonds
 

Now on to the dinners:
 

1.  Again, anything from morning star (check them out in your grocers freezer :)

2.  Whole wheat spaghetti (10 times healthier) actually cooks faster than regular spaghetti. About       10 minutes to ready.  Get a bag of the steam-able broccoli and cheese to make your meal well rounded.
   

3. Instant brown rice, chicken, cheese and spice.  Enough said.
  

4.  Stir fry mixers are great.
   

5.  Whole grain tortillas. Bottle of salsa. Lettuce, cheese and ground turkey = healthy tacos!
 


Okay, that took a little more than a minute.  You get the idea though.  There is always time for your health, try to get creative and cook things that still taste good too!

Stay healthy everyone,
Thomas Rio

1 comment:

  1. Great blog dude, I need to start eating healthy again. I am gonna use this blog as my backbone so don't go away bro!

    ReplyDelete